Windows defender is shipped free of charge with Windows starting Windows 8 to protect the PC against Malware (Viruses, Spyware……etc.). It was mainly geared towards personal computers/Home computers providing adequate malware protection free of charge out of the box. For Enterprises Microsoft had another offering which was Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection (SCEP) with its policy based templates based on your workload and fully configured and controlled with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
- There is no SCEP on the machine !
- CCMSETUP and Endpointprotection logs showed successfully installation
- Windows Defender (shipped on windows 10) can’t get disabled !
- All my SCEP policies and settings are applied on the windows defender.
- When checking the Programs and Features, I noticed that the System Center End Point Protection is installed.